Registration & Licensing Requirements - General Dentist
In order to be registered and licensed to practice dentistry in Nova Scotia, the following requirements must be met and submitted:
- A completed application form, signed by a Commissioner of Oaths, with an attached photograph;
- A copy of your National Dental Examining Board of Canada generalists' certificate;
- For the purposes of labour mobility under the Agreement on Internal Trade, an applicant with a non-restricted license from another Canadian lilcensing jurisdiction obtained prior to July 1, 2001, who does not hold a National Dental Examining Board of Canada certificate will be recognized as holding a qualification equivalent to a National Dental Examining Board of Canada certificate.
- A copy of your graduation certificate from a dental program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada or the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation;
- A copy of your birth certificate;
- If you are or have been engaged in practice in another jurisdiction before moving to Nova Scotia, a Certificate of Good Standing form must accompany your application; Consent for Release of Information
- Verification of active membership in the Nova Scotia Dental Association; please contact 902-420-0088;
- Payment of appropriate fees to the Provincial Dental Board of Nova Scotia:
- Verification of malpractice insurance - minimum of $ 3 million coverage;
- If not a new graduate, one must have proof of continual practice defined as a minimum of 450 hours within the last three years preceding the date of application (see Regulation No.1, Section 7) - letter from employer or signed affidavit.
- - $ 100.00 Initial registration fee
- - $ 980.00 Annual license fee (December 1 - November 30th )
- - $ 490.00 if licensing after June 1st of any given year.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET WITH THE REGISTRAR IN PERSON TO FINALIZE THE REGISTRATION AND LICENSING PROCESS. PLEASE CALL IN ADVANCE TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT @ 902-420-0083.
Payment of fees is accepted by visa, mastercard, debit, cheque, or money order.
Please Note: License fees are non-refundable.
Correct documentation and fees must accompany application forms and must be presented to the Registrar on your scheduled appointment.